In this tutorial we will see how to install Apps directly to memory card without rooting your phone. If your phone has limited storage on the board you cannot install so many apps on your phone. Some apps need so much of space like, Games etc. So we need to install apps on our SD card. But by default, we cannot install Apps on your SD card, For this we are going to do a simple trick.
For this you would need some things.
- An Android device
- Android SDK
- A PC or Mac
- Data cable (to connect your phone and computer)
Follow The Steps Carefully.
Step 1: Download Android SDK from the link below.
Step 3: Next step is to enable USB debugging Mode in your android phone. To do this, go to Settings → Applications → Development and enable ‘USB debugging’.
Step 4: Connect your phone to your computer using a data cable. Make sure that is phone is not in the USB Storage mode or Mass storage mode.
Step 5: Goto 'SDK' folder.
- For Windows Users :- Go to ‘platform-tools folder. Press the SHIFT key and right-click anywhere in the folder. A pop-up menu will appear. From the pop-up menu, select ‘Open command window here’. Now, in the command prompt window.Type adb devices .And press Enter.
- For Mac OS users :- Right-click on ‘platform-tools' folder and choose [New Terminal At Folder].Now a pop-up window will appear. Now, type. /adb devices .And press Enter.
Step 7: Now you can see the name of your android phone displayed on the screen.
- For Windows Users :- Type adb shell .Click Enter
- For Mac OS users :- Type ./adb shell .Click Enter
Step 9: Type pm setInstallLocation 2 and press enter. (If any error arises, use this pm set-install-location 2)
To verify, type pm getInstallLocation and press enter. If you see an output 2 [external] it means that the process is successful.
If your phone shows an option to Move apps to external card your process is successful.
Now you can install as many apps you wanted on your SD card.